Sow Much Good is committed to growing healthy communities in under-served neighborhoods by providing direct access to fresh and affordable food, educating and engaging residents to adopt healthy eating habits and advocating for the right of every person to have real food security. Join US as we continue to Sow Much Good in our communities!
Volunteer Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-947-6842 x405
*Volunteers are scheduled at the Sunset Road site unless otherwise indicated.
We offer volunteer opportunities for large groups Monday through Friday. Groups of 10 or more are encouraged to contact us to coordinate your volunteer service. Requests for specific days are granted on a case by case basis, contingent upon group size, experience, and the organization’s need at the time of the request.
Suggest Dress, Etc.:
- Comfortable, flat, closed toe shoes appropriate for outdoor activities involving working with the land
- Layered, casual clothing appropriate for the changes in temperature during this season and that you don’t mind getting soiled or dirty
- Hat, visor or other protective headwear for added protection from the sun
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic and ability to take direction
- Volunteers may also want to bring a water bottle and gardening or work gloves if they have these items available. We will have water and gloves available
- If this is your first time volunteering with SMG or if you have not previously signed a Volunteer Agreement, copies will be on-site for you to complete
Volunteers will receive notification via email no less than 90 minutes prior to an events scheduled start time should inclement weather or other issues result in the need to delay or cancel events.
Volunteer opportunities involve assisting with ongoing site work; such as, weeding, planting, harvesting, washing and packaging fresh produce for delivery and special projects as needed. Recommended ages 8 and up. Dates and times may vary. Please visit our sign-up page HERE to view current volunteer opportunities.