We hope you enjoyed a wonderful Earth Day this past Monday. If you cruised through this year’s observance without giving it much thought, or if you simply didn’t get a chance celebrate, fear not. Sow Much Good will continue the celebration of our miraculous Mother Earth on this Saturday, April 27th from 9:30 a.m – 12:30 p.m. We’ll host this weekend’s planned volunteer event as part of the 2013 Arbor Day festivities that will take place in cities across the country. What we have planned is a day of planting to include gorgeous apple trees that will create the foundations for a beautiful orchid at our newest farm site AND will soon bear Fuji, Gala, Granny Smith and Honey Crisp apples for the communities we serve.
Won’t you join us on Saturday? We can’t think of any better way to honor the Earth than to celebrate Arbor Day by adding to the bountiful goodness the land so faithfully yields. We hope to see you on Saturday for what we know will be a rewarding and restorative experience for Mother Earth and for all of us as Her inhabitants and as stewards of the land.
SMG Sunset Road Urban Farm
3432 Sunset Road
Charlotte, North Carolina 28216
Suggested Dress, Etc.
* Comfortable, flat, closed toe shoes appropriate for outdoor activities involving working with the land
* layered, casual clothing appropriate for the changes in temperature during this season and that you don’t mind getting soiled or dirty
* Hat, visor or other protective headwear for added protection from the sun
* A positive attitude and a strong work ethic and ability to take direction
* Volunteers may also want to bring a water bottle and gardening or work gloves if they have these items available. We will have water and gloves available
* If this is your first time volunteering with SMG or if you have not previously signed a Volunteer Agreement, copies will be on-site for you to complete
Other Important Information
Volunteers will receive notification via email no less than 90 minutes prior to an events scheduled start time should inclement weather or other issues result in the need to delay or cancel events.
Sow Much Good is committed to growing healthy communities in under-served neighborhoods by providing direct access to fresh and affordable food, educating and engaging residents to adopt healthy eating habits and advocating for the right of every person to have real food security. Join US as we continue to Sow Much Good in our communities!